If you are searching for “steps to start a blog?” then you are in the right place. In this post I review the different considerations and decisions you must make when you start your blog.
1. What are you reasons for blogging? You should decide what you are blogging for. Is it for entertainment or profit? Should you be chasing targeted traffic to your website, what do you want those to do once they arrive. Maybe you just like to publish, which is fine, blogging can be absolutely therapeutic in some ways.
2. Decide what you will How To Start A Blog about? Should you be very certain about the reason you are blogging then that may help you understand and decide on what you are likely to blog about. What you will blog about can also be dependant on the individuals that you will be trying to speak to. You can blog about current news, viral videos or controversial topics. You can stick to your certain topic, eg car repairs, or tips to get a 6 pack. By staying consistent on one topic you can gain credibility and be considered as a professional inside your field. Product critiques will also be a very important thing to blog about.
3. Free blog or paid blog? Free blogs are all over the web, just do a web search and you can find some. Examples are blogger.com, WordPress.com, blog.com and Weebly.com. With most things in life freedom isn’t free. Your blog site will not be your personal, the domain will be something like bradsblog.wordpress.com so you will get the same website name as many other people. If you are searching to earn money the majority of the free services don’t allow you to advertise on the sites. Free blogging services aren’t the most suitable choice but they are an easy free approach to dip your feet in the water.
Paid blogs – To get a paid blog you need to buy the domain and also the hosting. You are going to then own the blog yourself and thus acquire more control of the blog when you start to attempt to generate income. Most of the free blogs don’t allow you to advertise on it. You can make use of the free program WordPress.org program to use Choosing A Domain Name, which will provide you with themes and utilities to make your blog.
Cheap options is brainhost.com, HostGator.com, GoDaddy.com all offer hosting solutions. As an example GoDaddy.com hosting starts at $2.99/month. So you are considering about $36 dollars annually for hosting. Take a look at all the options and discover what special deals you can get. Most of these hosting provides will provide you with instructions on how to use their easy 1 click setting up WordPress on your new hosted domain.
4. Domain names – Now you will have to register a domain name (here is the actual name of your own website/blog). Domains start at about $8 but can go up to the thousands. You can make use of a service at GoDaddy.com or maddogdomains.com to sign up you website name.. The more popular domains usually will cost more. Eg obviously you would have no chance buying the domain nba.com however you could buy mynameisjohnsmithfromamerica will be pretty cheap, however weird. A good simple option when starting is to choose names like firstnamelastname.com etc something like that.
You can always change the domain name later or have multiple all linking for the same actual webpage. For instance you might own 3 website names but already have it if you type any of them they all go to the same website. Once your internet site is ready to go we have answered the question “how to begin a blog?” However this really is just the start of your journey into blogging! Another things you have to give attention to are traffic and content.
5. Traffic – Once you put something on the blog you desire people to read it or watch it. This is where traffic will come in. If you want your website to be successful you should figure out how to get traffic to it. There ughnho a variety of options here based on your expertise and budget. Basically traffic can be broken down into paid and free traffic.
Free traffic includes
• Internet search engine traffic,
• Social media marketing traffic (Facebook, twitter etc),
• Forum posts,
• Article marketing.
Most of these topics independently could be the topics of pages and pages of methods to articles.
Paid traffic includes
• PPC (paid per click) advertising, eg the small ads the thing is at the top of each Internet search,
• Solo ads which is where you pay someone having a large list of email subscribers to email them and tell them about Choosing Your Web Hosting,
• Banner advertising – you buy an advertisement space online for any set term eg 1 month 6.
Content – When you have your website operational you need to start posting relevant content in the form of articles, pictures or videos. For tips on things to blog about check out current trending videos at YouTube.com/charts, news provides like CNN.com or simply Internet search news. So I hope it has given you a basic summary of the actions required to get going and answered the old question “just how do i start a blog”.